Tuesday, May 18, 2004

My First Blog!

Where do I start?! My husband has been going on about this Blog & that Blog and so I thought I might check it out - so hey presto - I now have my own Blog!

I hope readers may find my postings interesting.

I was wondering last night what I would put in my first Blog. Two years ago yesterday I was 4 months pregnant & travelling on a DFDS ferry from Newcastle to Kristiansand, Norway, with my (Norwegian) husband, which decided to have an engine fire in the middle of the North Sea in the middle of the night! Not my idea of fun - as soon as didn't hear that 'humming' noise you get on ferries any more - I knew something was wrong. A few minutes later a tanoi explained that there was an engine room fire & further instructions would be given. I got dressed rather quickly and waited for the next message - at which point - my husband had never seen me move quite so fast - headed for the nearest fire exit. It was not a pleasant experience - not the worst I've ever experienced I hasten to add, but not one I wish to repeat. So, that was how we celebrated the Norwegian Independence day merging into my husband's birthday. We won't forget that one in a hurry.

So, this year and no ferries & no fires, I'm extremely glad to report. We celebrated Norways national day yesterday in the style of my husband's childhood memories - hot dogs & icecream - which our 1 and a half year old son seemed to appreciate - though he still quite hasn't got the hang of the ice cream part yet - he eats the cones & leaves the ice cream!

Today, I was busy preparing some Norwegian treats for my husband's birthday, Tournekake & waffles! Yum yum :)

Well, I now have 10 minutes to build a web site for my mother's holiday cottage, before Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares begins - or perhaps I should wait until after the programme - do it a bit more justice. Hmmm - I think I'd better do it later - Gordon Ramsey is just too good to miss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home