Monday, May 24, 2004

Streaky golden brown!

Hello again...
Well, yesterday I had this brilliant idea of saving my legs from all the pain of sunburn & be a good girl and be sun savvy.
I had recently purchased a tube of some self tanning cream and thought I would give it a go in an attempt to try and match my legs to my arms - which have gone a lovely shade of brown due to pushing little'n around in his pushchair.

I had a lovely soak in the bath, used a body polisher (for the uninitiated - a gel with gritty bits in it!) - to make sure my skin was nice & smooth in order to give the self tanning cream a better finish.

I opened the tube up and was confronted with a very runny semi transparent cream. So, as the instructions on the label, massaging it all in, making sure everywhere was covered, and trying to spread the invisible lotion as evenly as I could.

Ok, after about five minutes - all done - lotion all massaged in nicely on both legs. And, as stated on bottle, hands washed thoroughly.

Waiting a couple of hours before going to bed - my legs looked as though they were a nice shade of light golden brown - matching my feet which are naturally tanned due to running around in bare feet or sandals. It was subtle enough not to stand out like a sore thumb - wonderful!

So I thought...

Eeeeeek.

Got up this morning and inspected the light golden brown legs only to find that they were now orange & streaky!!!!!

How on earth do you fix this!

Whilst little'n was having his breakfast I was frantically trying to use baby wipes to tone down the worst dark patches in the hopes that I'd be able to remove some of the obvious 'self tanning' clues! Not a chance! Will have to soak in the bath for a few hours this evening / tonight in an effort to get more of this stuff removed - I think perhaps that body polisher will come into a league of it's own!

For a while I was thinking perhaps I should add some more lotion to the missing patches in an effort to blend in - but I fear that would look even worse - what if I accidentally went over bits that had taken properly - then I'd get another darker patch :(

Wearing a skirt this week is well & truly out of the window - not sure I can even wear my cropped trousers yet - perhaps in a few days.

Not sure I am going to try this one again. Thank goodness I didn't try the one for my face!!! I think I will stick with the lilly white legs for a little bit longer.

That's it for tonight - I need to get into that bath & have a serious soak & a scrub!

Thank you for reading - please stop by again. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home