Saturday, May 29, 2004

My aching aching feet!

Hi,
Well, it's been a long day, I've just come home from working one of my part time jobs with a local catering company, and my feet are killing me!

My heart goes out to all those bar staff that work in pubs on Friday & Saturday nights!

I worked from 7.30 through to 11.30 tonight working the drinks at a private party. My goodness me! Don't people drink alot when they don't have to pay for them.
I must have opened about 20 bottles or more of champagne, and equally as many bottles of wine. My poor hands from de-corking all those bottles, my poor feet from standing constantly, any my poor ears from trying to hear people's orders over and above the noise of the music!

How do proper bar staff manage it?

I am so thankful it wasn't a paying bar - that would have been too difficult.

Now I think I know how my eldest daughter feels - though I suspect she works longer hours as it's a university bar - and she has to take money! No wonder she is always tired!

Well, I am going to get some well earned sleep tonight so good bye for now and I'll write another blog shortly.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home