Saturday, May 29, 2004

Yummy, Yummy, guinea pig food mummy!

Hello again...

Well, what can I say - you would think we don't feed our little boy. Today, he was 'helping' me clean out our guinea pig and my mum's two rabbits who are holidaying with us through the summer. I had to go and do something in the kitchen and left little'n out in the garden - I came back outside to find him stuffing his face with guinea pig food. Whole handfuls of it!

Later on, whilst I was having a chat with my hubby, I looked over only to find our little boy on his knees, drinking from the rabbits water thing through the cage! (I have one pointing outwards & one inwards, so they get to drink whilst they are out and about in the garden and Thomas doesn't get into the hutch!)

I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised, I remember when I was younger, both me and my brother used to raid the larder for the cat biscuits (which were really dog biscuits - round ones, square ones & triangular ones in different colours) and eat them - as we weren't allowed biscuits very often - so we improvised! It did us no harm I guess - my brother is nearly 40 now and he doesn't have a single filling - so I guess the calcium in those biscuits must have helped somewhat. I, on the other hand, don't seem to have faired quite so well, but I guess that probably comes from having given birth to three children & between them they have kindly drained alot of my own calcium resources. (That's my theory anyway!)

I don't think eating the guinea pig food will do him too much harm - but I will be keeping a close eye on him over the next few days in case he gets a particular liking for all things green & leafy!

That's all for now folks.

Thank you for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home