Monday, July 12, 2004

Dishwasher free!

Hello!

What is she going on about this time? I hear you utter!

Well, the other week we ran out of dishwasher tablets - I hadn't budgeted well enough and/or forgot to order some during my last monthly shop - and I decided I was going to wait until my next monthly shopping delivery, rather than run out to the local shop & get some others to tide me over - so I reverted to the manual method of washing up!

Strangely enough, it hasn't been too bad!

The washing up doesn't seem to be piling up as much as I thought it would be - unlike the dishwasher pile. I need to explain, if I don't empty the dishwasher at night before I go to bed, I have to empty it first thing in the morning - but that is normally thwarted by my son wanting to 'help' and I am always in fear of having a reduced supply of plates and cups due to his over zealousness at 'placing' these particular items on our 'tiled' floor! (little poppet!)

Working the manual method, the washing up seems to get done a little more frequently (approximately 3 times a day), which means that I have an almost near full cupboard of crockery etc., at any time of the day! It's marvellous.

It would seem that these days anyway, I need to wash up alot of things by hand - my non-stick baking aids, and various other bits and pieces that aren't 'dishwasher proof' - so in fact, it's been quite good - and my kitchen has looked a whole lot tidier too - which can't be a bad thing!

It also means that I don't have a build up of tea stains any more on my teacups (something which I can't abide), and also now we have nice sparkling, tea-stain free teaspoons also. For some reason, dishwashing them never seems to get them completely clear of these stains.

I'm now considering (sorry Jon!) switching over the washing machine - which currently lives in our conservatory come utility room - with the dishwasher and saving the dishwasher for when we have lots of people around for special occasions etc.

I suspect we'll probably save a fortune in electric - as it will mean I can plumb in the washing machine to a hot & cold water supply at long last - rather than just the cold water fill it has at present. Also we won't have the running costs of the dishwasher going on at least once a day! (I will keep an eye on the meter and let you know about that one - though I'm sure Jon will post something on his money tips review).

Well, that's it for now. Please drop by again soon.

PaulineA

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

I did use to help out with the dishwasher too!

10:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home