Tuesday, June 08, 2004

First day memories

Hi folks,
This evening I've been having a trip down memory lane!

I decided to check out my old schools on the Friends Reunited website and see if there were any more names I could recognise. I have both my Junior school and Senior schools linked in, but I didn't get much further than my Senior school this evening. I was trawling through some of the messages that had been left by past pupils regarding their memories, and one of the categories was "your first day".

I can distinctly remember mine, so I'm afraid I will bore you with the details as they were quite, shall we say, interesting!

To start at the beginning...

I used to live next door to two brothers, and next door to them, were three brothers and a sister. For the most part, we were all of similar ages, so we all used to hang about together, go exploring, go on picnics up at the local recreation ground, or go to the woods (where we weren't supposed to go to, but we were kids and did anyway!) Well, one time we went down the woods we discovered a fantastic branch that had fallen off and I decided to turn it into a catapult. I think the others found twigs to make theirs from! So, a few days later, towards the end of the summer holidays, we decided to go down to the woods to test them out.
When we got there, there were a couple of other lads down there, who seemed to be trying to stir us up a bit, so as we were 'armed' we decided to defend our territory, as we hadn't seen them before - so we got the chance to use our catapults - and we did!
The following week when I got to my new school, we were all sitting in the main hall waiting to be allocated our classes, when...
oh no!!!...
One of the lads who I'd been targetting was only being allocated into my class!!
How embarassing! I was mortified!
Needless to say though, we got on ok - though I think we kept our distance through most of school...
just in case!

I will have to post a more abbreviated version of this story up on the web site, but I thought I would share it with you guys first!

Hope I haven't bored you, or gone on too long (apparently yesterday's blog seemed to draw some unrequested attention in one of the forum's my husband frequents - so apologies to that person if he should read tonight's Blog!)

Please drop by again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home