Sunday, May 30, 2004

I'm an inbetweenie!

Hi Folks,

Yesterday I finally got around to returning a pair of jeans to the shop where I had previously purchased them - I should have tried them on first, but when you have a toddler in a pushchair in a clothes shop, not a good idea - but they looked fine - size 14, wonderful! When I did try them on at home a few hours later they were just too tight - yet another pair of jeans I had bought at the same time, also a size 14, fitted perfectly!

I managed to swap the returned jeans for the next size up, and did try them on this time as I had pushchair freedom as little'n was having his nap at home whilst his daddy was babysitting :)

Whilst I was in the shop I did need to get another pair of trousers for my catering job, and found a lovely pair of black trousers, with a little pink belt, and erred on the side of caution and opted for a size 16 (but didn't try them on as the changing rooms were getting rather manic by this time). I did try them at home though, somewhat later, only to find...

they were too flippin small!!!!

There was not a hell's chance these were going to do up. I checked the labels, card & fabric - yep, they said 16. I tried on an old black pair of trousers of similar style which are a 14 - and they managed to do up ok - so what on earth is wrong with these?!

Another trip to the shop i'm afraid.

How can the same size differ so much? Talk about getting a complex on size issues.

I'm a little bigger than a 14, but not quite a 16, so I guess that makes me a 15. If I follow bra size calculations i'm a 39, but they don't exist, so do I opt for a 38 or go for a larger 40? There is nowhere that I have found that make allowances for this little differences in size.

For the owner of these sizes it's quite important, as you're either feeling too frumpy or overweight, with clothes either being just a little too small and feeling uncomfortable or having to pull your trousers up every few minutes as they are too big!

Perhaps I am shopping in the wrong shops and have to seek out the more expensive ones - but I don't earn very much so have to make the pennies stretch that little bit further - shame some of the clothes don't stretch as far as they are supposed to!

If anyone knows of anyone who makes size 39 bra's or size 15 clothes - please let me know :)

Please come back soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home