Tuesday, August 17, 2004

It's been a while!

Hi Folks,
Apologies for the lengthy delay in writing another blog - I just don't know where the time has gone. The days and weeks seem to be flying by but at the same time seem to be getting nowhere!

Thomas our little boy seems to have turned into a demon child at the moment - doing everything he shouldn't be doing despite being told a hundred times to the point that one gets sick to death of one's own voice!

I've been busy doing mystery shops in an attempt to earn a little bit of money - but with all the travelling and petrol costs I have to deduct I do wonder whether it is actually worth all the effort - perhaps I will streamline and only go for the more lucrative jobs instead.

In an attempt to get fitter I acquired a bike trailer a couple of months ago - finally, I have now managed to dig out my bike - though it was somewhat rusty in places despite being relatively new (hardly used!) - so that's all oiled up & cleaned up. I had to re-invest in a new bicycle pump as mine seems to have gone AWOL. I also invested in a kick stand (bikes don't seem to come with these any more!) so when I do come to a halt and need to park without laying the bike on the floor, I can do it easily!
So, now all I need to do is pump up my tyre, attach the bike trailer to my bike and stop procrastinating!!!

Oh yes, I still need to find my bike helmet!

I'm sure Thomas will love it once we get going. I can't help being somewhat apprehensive though over riding out on the roads. The cycle lanes just don't look wide enough and watching other drivers on the roads, is it really safe enough to go out on them with a child in tow?! What a dilema!

I'm sure I will venture forth and when I do you will be the first to know. :)

I actually managed to tackle some of my heap of ironing. It's not as high as it was, but with recent washing it seems to be piling up again - will it never end???!!!

I've also been trying to slowly blitz the house as my husband's mum is coming over for a few days next weekend, and our spare room / office was in a terrible state the last time she came over - so I am going to make sure that it is as clear and as tidy as possible - you can actually see the floor this time so far! (Always a good start I think). I have a few things to put away in the loft - though that is fillling up with things I need to sell on eBay and haven't quite gotten around to.

Where do the hours go in a day?

Also, we have been considering the purchasing of a business - so we have been attempting to do lots of research / analysis / soul searching etc., to see if we a) have what it takes b) can afford the repayments to the loan we will need in order to purchase it c) can we improve upon it.
These and another hundred questions all need answering - but some of the information we don't yet know about - but need to find out etc.
Business plans to be written - to ensure we cover everything we need to think about.

The list is never ending!

Next week should be quieter!

Tonight I had to top up my daughter's mobile phone as she's in australia and can't seem to do that from where she is - which I don't mind as it means she can keep in touch even if it is at my expense! She's nearly been in the land of oz now for two months already! Time certainly flies.

Well, I'd better finish off here now as it's gone midnight yet again.

Hope you drop by again soon.

Thank you for reading.

PaulineA


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home