Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Oh, how embarrasing!

Hi Folks,

I couldn't let this little incident pass by unmentioned.

Yesterday I decided to sort through a long outstanding pile of papers and file them or bin them accordingly.  Amidst this little lot was an unopened pin number for one of my bank cards.  As we've been receiving new pins / cards due to the new format of Chip & Pin it didn't seem amiss.  In this instance though I hadn't received a card to tie in with the pin number.  So I thought I would phone up my bank.  (Telephone banking is wonderful! )

It was five past midnight - nothing like striking when the iron's hot!

I spoke to them and said I'd received details of a pin but hadn't received the card, could they tell me if they had sent one, or was it just a replacement pin number.
Whilst we were talking on the phone trying to ascertain what was what - the telephonist stated that there had been no requests for a re-issue of a card or pin number.  I couldn't see an obvious date on the letter - and I jokingly suggested that perhaps it was the original pin number...

Oh, how many a word spoken in jest!!!

Whilst speaking on phone I scoured the letter a little further and lo and behold, I discovered a date 9/12/01 - can you believe it!!!  I was mortified & got a fit of the giggles!  The telephonist thought it was quite amusing too I must admit - so I'm glad I managed to brighten up his evening.  For my par - my husband thought I was nuts!  I was cracked up in a fit of the giggles for about half hour after!  I just couldn't believe how stupid I had been!

Anyway, that's it for today, I thought I would share this with you as I thought it was quite amusing!

Thank you for stopping by - come back soon :)

PaulineA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home