Tuesday, February 22, 2005

All work and no play

Hello,

It has been ages since I've written in this blog, so HUGE apologies to anyone who reads this for not having my act together.

The past few months have been seriously hectic.

For those of you who don't follow this blog, I, together with my husband, took over a publishing company at the end of October last year, and we have been busy finding our feet and progressing the business. So much so, we are just about to launch our newest title!!!

I can tell you, this has been an incredibly steep learning curve - but, something you can actually see tangible results from - so that is always good.

Well, for those of you who don't know, we actually publish erotic fiction. Yes, your eyes weren't deceiving erotic fiction!!

It has been quite an interesting experience.

Picking and choosing stories to go into the book. Liaising with book distributors, and stores who may want to take on our books. Checking out new markets. Creating websites. Creating information sheets for book stores. Liaising with writers. Setting up bank accounts, and business accounts. Trying to keep up with bits and pieces (unknown to me) within the book world in order to get the most out of our business. Getting registered with this service and that!

But, I think I'm just about starting to make some headway!

Oh, I know you're wondering - what's the title of the book...

well...

Erotica 5: Bettina Can't Help It - author Bettina Varese.
If you're brave, you can check out Bettina's website - www.bettinavarese.com
It's not totally complete - but it's being worked on!

So, add all this business stuff, to a small part time job, running the house, and looking after hubby and a two year old and you'll understand a little of the chaos I'm experiencing these days!

Days don't seem to be long enough - or I'm just too tired - trying to catch up with a serious sleep deficit - but never seeming to catch up!
(I'm sure there are lots of you who have been there!)

So, now it's time to catch my breath a little. The book is at the printers, launch date is due. A small breather now until the London Book Fair!

I may just think about catching up with the ironing which has been sat in the cupboard for a bit longer than I'd care to let on!!

Well, I think a nice relaxing Ovaltine will have to do for the moment - I've run out of malted milk as I haven't done a proper shop this month yet either!

So, I promise I'll try and be good and write a little more frequently.
Honest.

Do please drop by again soon!

Webby!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paulina
I suggest you put a lock on the ironing cupboard and forget about it altogether lol
Good luck with the book business
Kymi

1:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi you ever thought of takin a break and sittin lookin at the rest of the world its quite a nice place if you look hard enough.

10:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home